
Here's Charlie hanging his ornament on the tree. We're continuing my family's tradition of getting each kid a new ornament every year. Last year's was a baby shower gift and it is a gorgeous Winnie the Pooh one (from Sis. Mendenhall, of course). This year's is a Cars ornament. Charlie loves Mater. We have a "Mater and the Ghost Light" book that John reads to him (BTW, John does a spot on Larry the Cable Guy voice, so it's hilarious). In fact, Charlie can say "Mater" but has yet to say "Grammy." My mom is not pleased. We got him the ornament because we got him a giant Mater that he can ride on for Christmas this year. It talks and everything!

Despite the cheery start to this post, I'm so ready for the holidays to be over. I'm just not a Christmas person. I've been super busy with a lot of projects and Charlie and I are still sick. He's doing a little better, at least. Most of the week, he's been taking nearly 5 hour naps every day! But yesterday he was back to his normal sleep schedule. I'm still battling, though. I think I might get a sinus infection for Christmas this year. Wouldn't be the first time . . . .
Yesterday, I hemmed a pair of Charlie's pants. This pair of pants is part of his Christmas outfit for church on Sunday. He is still sick. He had BETTER be better by then, or else I'm dragging him to church with a snotty nose. I didn't go all Tim Gunn for nothing!
Then, I took my life into my hands to make John a special gift. I wanted to give him at least one thing that wasn't on his list and that was "thoughtful." Well, me and my big ideas . . . I just get something into my head and I have to do it. Since the Hub reads this, I can't divulge what it is I did. I'll tell you this much: it was a craft project (duh, it's me) and it was extremely dangerous. I'm not kidding. I had to dress up like Michael Jackson (long sleeves, gloves, mask, the works) just to open the bottle of "stuff" I used. The bottle said it was only for people 18 and up. Uh . . . never seen that on a craft project. Scary. But . . . I came out alive and the project came out AMAZING. I'll have pictures in a week. I'm so excited about this one!
Today I made some more cookies. My mom (believe it or not) was just released as Activities Chairperson and now she's Relief Society president. So, yeah . . . it's been a rough month for her! I made some cookies for her to take to some needy families. Yeah, I know I'm awesome. JK . . . these cookies were a little harder for me to not taste. Okay, I did take one taste. A chef always has to taste her dish, right? Well, I'm paying for it with a stomach ache right now . . . Anyway, they were chocolate and butterscotch chip blondies. MMMMM . . . See, I can pass up cake and most cookies, but I LOVE chocolate chip cookies. The best pastry chef in the world could offer me the greatest dessert in the world, and I would still pass it up for a good chocolate chip cookie. In my opinion, it's really hard to find a good chocolate chip cookie (although, the giant ones at the Vine Street Market here in town come pretty darn close to perfect). My favorite version of one is the blondie recipe I made today. It's best the day after you make it. Another good CCC is if you substitute one of the cups of chips (most CCC recipes call for 2 cups of chips) with vanilla and butterscotch chips. It's sooo good.
We took Charlie to the Christmas train today. For those of you not familiar with Signal Mountain, these two guys built this Christmas train for kids to take pictures on. It's really cute . . . I'll post those pics later.
No comments:
Post a Comment