Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fireworks

On Monday, the three of us went to the fireworks show on Signal Mountain. Everyone gathers on the golf course to watch. I have never actually been to them . . . a few times I've watched them from this house, but this is the first time I've ever actually gone to the golf course. It was a lot of fun. It wasn't too crowded and the weather was beautiful. It was a clear night with a light breeze. I enjoyed and was even impressed by the pretty decent fireworks. I finally got to use the fireworks setting on my camera. Not bad! (Seriously, do people really take that many pictures of fireworks to warrant a setting for them?)

John took Charlie to watch the fireworks downtown on Saturday the 3rd. I wasn't feeling well and as many of you know, I'm not a big fireworks fan anyway. You know that one kid who goes nuts when they hear the loud booms and screams during the entire fireworks display? Yeah, that was me. I still have a problem with loud, sudden noises . . . I'm sort of like a shaky little chihuahua that way. Anyway, John took the camera, but no pictures. : P

Charlie LOVED the fireworks on Saturday and begged for days to see some more. John said he wasn't even scared. Then, on Monday, at the much smaller, quieter show, he did this the entire time:

I guess my latent childhood fears of fireworks became manifested in him. At least he didn't cry or scream . . .


1 comment:

Tina said...

Ahhh memories. We used to always go to the golf course to watch fireworks on the 4th of July. Man, I love Signal Mountain. Cute pics of Charlie. Ashton screams like a banshee around fireworks. Fun stuff. :)