We had a good, busy Christmas. I'm really happy it's all over, though. Growing up, it was always just my parents and my siblings on Christmas. Nowadays, I can't have a Christmas gathering without at least 15 people there. I'm grateful to have all my family in one place. But sometimes, it's really overwhelming. So, I'm happy we had a great Christmas with all our loved ones in one place . . . but I'm also overjoyed it's all over!
Here was Charlie's big gift from us. He's a big fan of Mater from the movie Cars.
On Christmas morning, Charlie walked in the room and the first thing he saw was Mater. He smiled and just ran right over to him. He knew that present was just for him! That is the reaction I've been waiting months for!
Now, I've got to talk about this present. Grandpa and Grandma Flynn got Charlie this talking bear. It's sort of like a Teddy Ruxbin thing. Now, when you see a fuzzy stuffed bear, you would imagine his voice being squeaky and cute, right? Kind of like the Snuggles bear? This bear sounds like Alan Rickman. It sort of creeped me out. But as soon as I turned that thing on, Charlie went crazy. He loves that thing! He started to sing, and Charlie just hugged and kissed him over and over. Charlie will be screaming bloody murder, and if I turn on that bear, he just stops and smiles. Thank you, Grandma and Grandpa!
I think we'll name the bear . . . Severus.
Finally, Merry Christmas to me! I got to go shopping. Here's what I got . . . and for under $70!
2 comments:
Love, LOVE the blue dress. I know it looks awesome on you. I saw a similar one at Ross's but it was a fuscia color. Currently one of my new favorite colors. It's always so nice to get great deals.
I'm stealing your idea on the candy jar for Jarom next year.
Alos, thanks for the links on my lollyblog and your oh so kind words for the cousin packets. I'm glad that you liked it. It makes it worth every second spent in preparing.
I'm sorry to hear about John's wreck yesterday. I hope everything works out for you guys. Those darn Floridians!!!!!
Who in the world is sitting to your right next to you on Hilda's couch? Russell & I were both wondering!! What the heck happened to John?
Post a Comment