Saturday, January 24, 2009

New Card and Scrapbook Page


I made this card for one of my VT people . . . it was her b-day. I think this card would have been waaayyy better if I had added stitching . . . but I was really lazy and didn't feel like pulling my sewing machine out. I thought it came out really cute anyway. I got the "flower person" tag from one of those copyright-free vintage images books. I'm obsessed with vintage stuff right now. It's kind of funny, because it's really not my style. I usually gravitate to more graphic, modern patterns. But I'm loving this card right now. The quote says, "Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is."


It's kind of ironic I used the word "nature" in the title, because everything in this picture is staged. This picture was not taken outside, but inside the butterfly room at the TN Aquarium. We planted the butterfly on his shoulder. At least his smile is genuine! That's all that really matters . . .

This butterfly was on a tree and I was trying to coax it to fly towards Charlie. It was kind of ugly, and it really didn't want to touch it. Then out of nowhere, this crazy old lady wearing a fanny pack (always an indicator of psychosis) grabbed my hand and pushed the butterfly on it. I did not want to touch that thing. It had these nasty hairy legs and its body was literally the size of my pinkie. I told her I didn't want to but she made me. It was so crazy. Well, I guess it's crazy that I enjoyed having a python on my shoulders, but I didn't want to hold a butterfly.

At least we got a cute picture out of the experience!

No comments: