John as Billy Mays and me as Snow White. I've had this costume for years and decided to dust it off again. Believe it or not, John had the idea to be Billy Mays LAST year before Billy died. He even bought that blue shirt last year in anticipation, but just never followed through. This year, I followed through . . . and it took an entire morning of Googling, Photoshop-ing, cutting and ironing to bring this baby to life:

John got so many compliments at both parties, and he even won "Best Celebrity Look-Alike" at our Trunk or Treat. And Charlie was a dino as you can tell from the previous posts!
Here's Ethan (my little bro, for those of you who don't know) and his girlfriend Lauren dressed as the Mad Hatter and Alice for their Halloween party. I made his bow tie and the "10/6" card for his hat . . . she's also wearing an apron I'd been saving for a decade just in case I ever wanted to be Alice for Halloween. I just gave it to her, because if it hadn't happened yet, it wasn't going to, eh?
Here is what they really should have been for Halloween. I'm not really a "Twilight" fan, but I think it's freakish how much they resemble Edward and Bella!

This was our candy bowl at midnight (we were watching a movie and didn't want to answer the door) . . . proof Signal Mountain is the best town in the world!

John and I spent Halloween night watching "Drag Me to Hell." I had to drag John to watch it because he HATES horror movies. At one point he squeezed my knee so hard I thought it would pop! Anyway, it was one of those movies that was so fun to watch, but you feel like you're going to burn for enjoying it. It was totally disgusting and hilarious at the same time. It was refreshing to see a horror movie heroine that didn't exploit her body the entire time. She was just a nice girl . . . that gets into a lot of nasty, crappy situations . . . like probably some of the grossest and unappealing catfights you could imagine. Hmm . . . maybe this wasn't such a feminist movie after all . . . a nice girl keeps her clothes on and still gets the crap beaten out of her.
1 comment:
You've inspired me to try harder next year and actually dress up.
You're dead on...They are the Bella and Edward of Signal, just not as pale.
I'm shocked you still had candy left!
Post a Comment