Sunday, April 18, 2010
Sweet Success
Okay, so a lot of these pictures didn't rotate when I put them on here . . . so I'm sorry if you get a neck cramp looking at these pictures! This one really has nothing to do with the rest of the cards, so I'll start out with this baby shower card I made yesterday:
As I've mentioned some lately, I'm trying to get some things together to make an etsy shop. I mostly make purses out of old books and cards out of the pages from the books. Even though they aren't book related, I've gotten a great response from my "paper-sculpted" cupcake cards I thought I should try to sell those as well. Here's a picture of what they look like, although this is actually a shadowbox I made for my niece, but it's still the same idea:
While cupcakes are popular and great, I wanted to try to make a set of dessert inspired cards. I thought that making a soft serve ice cream cone would be easy and similar to folding the cupcakes I make. Wrong! I spent probably 2 hours folding paper before I figured out that I was making it harder than it was. When I figured it out, it was so easy and simple and I couldn't believe I had banged my head against the wall for so long. Isn't weird how sometimes things just click? I was using a reference photo of soft serve ice cream on the internet and I think I was trying way too hard to be literal and make it look EXACTLY like the photo. I love this card so much because yes, it looks like ice cream but it's definitely paper. I'm not sure I'm explaining this right . . . I'll just shut up and say I'm very happy with this card!
Like how I textured the cone to look "waffle-y"?
I needed a third dessert for a set, so I settled on cherry pie. I used the wrong shade of brown for the crust, but this is a sample anyway. I haven't made the actual set I'm going to sell yet . . . these are just for reference. Anyway, the pie isn't as impressive as the cupcake or ice cream but I still think it's cute and looks yummy (even though I think real cherry pie is disgusting).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Do you go to bed at night thinking, "Man. I am the most amazing person ever." If not, you should.
Post a Comment