Wednesday, April 14, 2010

White Tigers and "Ghostbustas"

Last year my sister-in-law Laura started this "Pay it Forward" thing where you send something handmade to someone and they send you something in return. I send her a dinky cupcake card a while ago and today I got this in the mail:


A dinky cupcake card can get you a lot these days! Laura named it the "Ghostbusta" purse (hee hee!). . . I LOVE this purse. It seriously just looks like me, no? To start with, this is what it looked like when I opened the package:
A very cute "Ghostbusters" card tucked in to look like the logo. I'm so excited about this purse. She is so talented--there is no way on earth I could ever sew something like this. I was just thinking the other day how I needed more accessories for spring/summer (not like I go anywhere anymore, but just theoritically). I hate dressing for hot weather because shorts and shirts are just boring. There's no way I can ever look boring with this cute bag. I seriously love all the different fabrics and colors . . . and I'm super picky, so Laura, perfect job! Go read her blog post about how she made the bag . . . she's so creative it almost made me cry about how much thought (and stalking) she put into it. Every fabric has a meaning, etc. (Plus, she says a lot of nice stuff about me . . . hee!) This is definitely my happy bag--I just get happy looking at it!
My niece Caroline had her 5th b-day this week and she had a white tiger party. I don't get it either. When I think of white tigers I think of Roy getting his face chewed off. But Caroline loves them, so I made her a white tiger card . . . a FUZZY white tiger card. I flocked (flock is basically a fine colored powder that you sprinkle over glue and it makes the object fuzzy or "flocked") this tiger I printed of the internet. This card makes me laugh . . . seeing a ferocious tiger saying "Happy Birthday" just makes me giggly.


I think I must have channeled Laura that day because I randomly decided to make Caroline a DS case to hold her games and player in that looks like a purse. Why I thought I could do that, I have no idea . . . but I did and it only took me an hour! It was so weird. I had almost no problems with it. It came out exactly as I drew it when I got the idea. This one's for the books, people . . . because I doubt something like this will come out of my sewing machine ever again!



2 comments:

Laura said...

Autumn, you are too sweet and I'm so happy that you like the bag! And your bag for Caroline is SUPER cute. I'm copying it.
The white tiger cracks me up. I can completely relate, scary enough. I probably owned about 5 shirts that had tigers on them in the 5th grade and had all kinds of postcard pictures of white tigers. I would even hang them up on my wall and inside my locker.

The Flynn's said...

Very cute purse. It definitely looks just like you. And the DS bag that you made is very cute too! I bet Caroline loved it.