Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers' Day(s) 2010

 

It's always a good post when it starts with a picture of feet.

Just kidding. Yesterday I got a pedicure for the first time in probably 5 years. Usually the Saturday before Mothers' Day, I go marathon shopping. Last year I think I was gone for 7 hours! I force myself to make the most of a day to do what I want and I go nuts. This year more than any, I didn't feel up to it. I was sorely tempted to go shopping but I knew it would only make me miserable and tired. So, I got a pedicure! I was so nice to sit in a massage chair, read a book and have someone literally waiting on you hand and foot. Well, just foot. I'm not a fan of manicures . . . I use my hands too much and the polish is chipped 2 hours after I've had it done! I got a french pedicure because that's what I always used to get and I figure if I'm paying someone to paint my toenails, I'll have them do something I can't to by myself. I'm very out of the pedicure loop. Just tell me the truth, are french pedis "out"?

Today I went to church while John stayed home with a sick Charlie. When I got home and went to my room to change, I found this card on my dresser:
 

The inside:
 
Under the pillow:
 
Block printing stuff! Basically, these are the tools to carve your own stamp. I've been wanting to try this for months and months. I'm really excited and I hope I'm good at it! I love carving pumpkins and so I hope I can pull this off. I'm really excited to get going. Stay tuned for the results (well, if they're any good). By the way, John cut that "Happy Mother's Day" stamp freehand this morning . . . pretty good, huh?

What a hub! John never fails to surprise me with the perfect gift. He really is the best gift giver/picker-outer, even though I probably don't deserve it. Sigh. He learned early on, "Happy Wife, Happy Life." I love you, Hub!

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Ahhh... John is so great! What a thoughtful guy. :) I think the pedi looks great and I agree I'd rather them do something I can't do myself.

Charlie is so cute with his headband! He is going to be a lady killer. :)