I always feel like I have to have pictures on my posts. Here's a project that I can show you (meaning it wasn't for etsy). Just a cute graduation card. (By the way, the pics are posted out of order . . . ) I made a few of these for girls at church who just graduated high school (they haven't gotten them yet so, shhhh!). I still have to glue some yellow paper in and write the message, but you get the idea. I can't take credit for the design . . . I got it from a book. Cheap, I know!
I've been super busy lately with doctor's appointments, dealing with Charlie and trying to get my etsy shop together.
So, as far as the health thing goes, things are moving along. I'm starting weekly allergy shots this week. The nurse said I wouldn't feel any results for 6-9 months, but at least I'm doing something that will help in the long run. Plus, my doc's office is minutes away from Hobby Lobby . . . I think these shots will be more expensive than we thought. :) I also scheduled an appointment with my dad's endocrinologist for June 8th. I'm happy I was able to get one that early . . . that's very early for this doctor. Again, I have to say, WHY does it take so long to get in to see a specialist? If you're doing bad enough to have to see a SPECIAList, why do they make you wait so long?
Charlie. Charlie, Charlie, Charlie. He's growing into his two-year-old-dom. This past week, John was on business trip for 5 days. It was honestly the hardest 5 days I've had in a long time. This 5 day trip was harder than the month long trip he took when Charlie was just a baby. A lot of the difficulty was just fighting all the aches, pains, exhaustion and mood swings that come with this thyroid junk. Plus, Charlie was quite the turd. Sorry, no other word for it. For example, he's picked up a lot of "not nice" words from the "Toy Story" movies. His favorite line to use is, "Shut-up, you idiot!" We've used a variety of punishments and every now and then he pulls this one out just to test us. Being as tired as I was this week, I heard the "I" word a lot. I warned him to not use the word. Twice this week, he declared in a sing-song voice, "I love idiot!" Whoo boy. I told him he couldn't watch the "Toy Story" movies until he stopped using those bad words. I thought that would make him upset but he doesn't seem to mind. Quite the attitude, that one. A few days ago, I was blowing bubbles for him to pop and I made one the size of a soccer ball (I've gotten pretty good at this!).
Me: Whoa, Charlie! That bubble is bigger than your head!
Charlie: Yeah. But I'm taller.
Now, on to my etsy stuff. All my "products" are finished. I thought that was the hard part. Eh, no. It is soooo much work to put an etsy shop together! It's really overwhelming and stressful. I'm so not good at running numbers, picking prices, figuring out the cheapest way to ship things, etc. But, hopefully, once I get the shop set up, it won't be as hard to add things. I'm selling book purses and handmade cards. Hopefully I'll have it set up within the next 2 weeks. I'm also setting up a blog, too. I don't know how I'm going to keep up with 2 blogs, but we'll see! This is really just a part-time gig. I feel guilty I'm not writing as much. It's really hard for me to concentrate when I'm so tired and writing is nothing but concentration. The book purses have been good for me. They don't require much thought to make and it's fun. Plus, I have a photographer for a husband so I would be crazy to not capitalize on that. I think I would always regret it if I never tried to sell the things I make. It's something I've always wanted to do. But, if it starts to take over my life I'll have to shut her down. Don't you love how I'm already assuming I'm going to sell things? :)
2 comments:
I can't believe how many personalized cards you make. It is just amazing. How did you get into making them? Does you mom make cards?
Oh Charlie. Kids sure know how to drive you crazy. But dang it they are so cute we just can't get rid of them. :)
The Etsy shop is going to be great. I'm excited to see it!
Good luck with shots and etsy. I think we need to get our kids together and let them be turds together. Maybe it will be like looking into a mirror and they'll realize they're not as cool as they think.
Post a Comment