Sunday, October 10, 2010

Charlie's Birthday, Part Deux

The Sunday after Charlie's birthday, we had a little party with my side of the family. Charlie is obsessed with Batman, so we had a Batman party. He is more spoiled than ever, getting tons of clothes, toys and books from his family members.

No birthday would be complete without one of my mom's cakes. Charlie had been asking for months for a Batman cake . . . he was so excited when he saw it!

The balloons looked a little too cheerful for a Batman party so I cut out a bat that hung from the light fixture.

We had to wear our Batman shirts for a Batman birthday!

Charlie opening his Batmobile. He got tons of these GeoTrax Batman toys and they are amazing. They're made for littler kids so the toys are chunkier and easier to use. A lot of times he gets frustrated with toys for older kids, so these toys were perfect. He got a Batmobile (that drives itself), a Bat Jet, Robin on a motorcycle and several other villains. Uncle Paul and Nathan (who only have daughters) were eager to help take the toys out of the boxes for Charlie . . . well, not so much for Charlie. They just really wanted to play with them!

John and I got him this train set. Again, the magic of Ross . . . this set was twice as big as a set at Target we almost bought for $45. This set was only $13! It was just as nice . . . and messy. What was I thinking buying him something that said "60 pieces" on the box?!

Charlie and his cousin Caroline playing with his Batmobile.

My personal favorite present he got came from his Uncle Ethan (who is even more obsessed with Batman than Charlie). He got Charlie a Batman costume! If you think this is cute, wait until Halloween to see him all decked out. So adorable!

Last week, I had a booth for my purses at Hodgepodge. It was fun but also tons and tons of work. Check out my "crafty" blog for pictures of my booth. Health-wise, I've been having a crazy couple of months. But it could be so much worse so I can't complain. Nothing really new to report--my levels are still off so my thyroid meds were upped yet again. Hopefully we can finally get the dosage right so I can feel like a human being again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can just imagine how impressed Timothy would be with Charlie and his growing Batman collection. Nathan, Charlie, and Timothy are the ultimate Batman fans!

Melissa Hodgen said...

Ross is the best!

Once again, nothing like an Evans party. Cake... amazing, decorations...perfect, presents...abounding.

How are you going to top that next year?

Tina said...

So fun! He is one lucky little boy. And as always your mom's cake amazes me. Can I have my birthday party at your house? :)

Momtothree said...

Ok my boys are officially obsessed with these pictures. They love Batman so much.