Saturday, November 29, 2008

Zoo Fun

So the day after Thanksgiving, John and I took Charlie to the zoo. Yes, Chattanooga has a Zoo. I haven't been there in a while. For those of you who are familiar with the zoo here, I'm sure you'd agree with me that it used to be a little ghetto. Okay, a lot ghetto. It was pretty much a parking lot with a few raccoons and deer in makeshift cages. No kidding. But they've revamped it and it actually looks like a legitimate zoo. They even have snow leopards now. It's a great little zoo. It's really cheap to get in and you can be out in an hour. But I must admit, the zoo could use a little more work! We thought Charlie would be a little more enthusiastic . . . although he did fall asleep on the way down. I think I had more fun than anyone. It was a cool day. My favorite was the chimp named Hank. He literally got up and walked to us when he saw us behind the glass. I got weirdly teary-eyed for some reason. He was just so big and dignified . . . I didn't cry on my own wedding day but I get emotional over a monkey. I never said I was balanced.

The petting zoo was neat. Although, I almost didn't go in because I feared for my LIFE. I was terrified something was going to jump on me or eat my clothes. Those goats were giving me the stink-eye. It doesn't help that a goat at that zoo once swallowed Mari's bag. She yanked it out of its throat and it was covered in goat yack. Needless to say, she had to throw it out. But we walked out yack-free and it was all good.

3 comments:

Chattanooga Physical Therapy said...

Funny, I didn't cry at my wedding (maybe a little dancing with dad) either. But Hank made me tear up too! I guess our genetics make us cry at all that is insanely obsure. What is it with that monkey? Alien powers are the only thing I could come up with.
P.S. Charlie is the cutest next to Hank! :)

Flynn Fam 6 said...

What a fun outing!! Charlie is cute, and is getting so grown-up. Glad you guys got a bog. It is a great way to keep up with everyone.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I'm so excited you have a blog, thanks for inviting me. I'll link you on my blog right now!