Saturday, January 24, 2009

Snow . . . and some "Lost" mania

It snowed this week, and in true Southern fashion, none of it stuck. Well, we had a dusting. It was so lame. We've had so much snow this winter, but none of it is sled-able. Maybe we'll get a good one soon . . . Charlie was excited about the snowfall. I took him out on the deck for just a minute so he could feel it. Then I rushed him back inside and he threw a fit. So I tossed his coat on and took him and the camera out in the yard. He loved it. He held his mouth wide open most of the time, trying to catch the snow in his mouth. I wondered how he knew it was edible. Then I remembered that this is the child that eats paper daily. He probably just thought it was tiny bits of paper falling from the sky!

After the snow, things warmed up a bit and I took Charlie to the park a few times. We have this playground almost a mile away from the house. I push him in the stroller over there--it's good exercise for me, and for him. Can you tell that he's excited about playing at the park?



Unfortunately, the ground has been wet and every time, I somehow wind up with muddy pants. The worst was when we went down the slide. I wasn't aware it was wet and I had to walk almost a mile home with mud butt! Not to mention there were like, a million cars driving by that day for some reason . . .


And finally, another reason for Charlie to disown us as parents. Yes, I dressed him up for the season premiere of "Lost." What's worse, is this isn't the first time. Last year, as a four-month-old, we dressed him up like Locke. Charlie had no hair back then, so Locke was the obvious choice. We even drew a scar on his face! I'm not sure we have a picture of that one. This year I dressed him up like Mikhail . . . pretty good job, right? Boredom and obsession are a bad mix!

The "real" Mikhail.


Charlie as Mikhail.

If you haven't seen this show yet, you're depriving yourself of total awesomeness. Just so you know . . . So go watch Season 1 online now! I think that ABC should start paying me residuals for how many people I've converted to this show. Everyone I've recommended it to becomes a total addict like me. "Lost" is the best drug ever! Go get hooked!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Sorry to disappoint but I'm not a fan. Your poor Charlie! Jarom are "Hero" addicts. Hey, everyone's got one show they can't live without...so you can "Chuck" and "The Office" for us. Okay, we're Tv junkies.

Tina said...

You have the funniest observations. "Little bits of paper"..... so funny. "Mudd butt".... love it!

I love Lost, but I am also totally lost when I watch it. Guess that was the reaction they were going for.

Flynn Fam 6 said...

I love the picture of Charlie with his mouth open in the snow. It is the cutest! Ya we can send you some snow if we can have some sunshine!!