We had a good Valentine's Day. The night before, John and I went ahead and exchange presents. He got me these pretty tulips . . . he's very good at picking out flowers. I got him Blades of Glory. Kind of a random choice, but it's healthier than candy! I also made him this really weird card. I didn't post a picture of it, because it's super weird. At the time, it made sense to me. Now, not so much. I did this watercolor painting of a bloody heart (a human heart!) and the card said, "Aorta tell you . . . Happy Valentine's Day!" Uh, yeah. That would be why it's not on here . . .
On the actual V Day, I made some muffins in the morning, always a good start to the day. We put Charlie down for a nap and John and I went bowling. I had never been bowling with less than eight people. I thought it might be weird, but it was a lot of fun. That is, until the second game. John got strike after strike while I seriously didn't hit a single pin for the majority of the game. I seriously wanted to quit and leave. I get annoyed at the whole, "I'm awesome at every game there is," thing! Because I have a, "I stink at every single game there is," thing!
That night, we took Charlie out for ice cream. Grandpa and Grandma Flynn sent him some ice cream money for Valentine's, so we took him to Mickey D's for a sundae. Needless to say, he was grateful! Then, we put him to bed and watched Run, Fatboy, Run. Thanks for the recommendation, Laura . . . we laughed through the whole movie.
The next day was my little brother Ethan's birthday. I made him possibly one of the coolest cards ever. He saw The Dark Knight in the theater over 10 times . . . I'm not exaggerating. So, obviously, I had to do something Joker-y. Something about the Joker just inspires me, I guess. First, the pumpkin I did at Halloween, then this card. Too bad Heath Ledger won't be around for a sequel. Anyway, the Joker's hand spins . . . when you spin the hand, a little banner that says, "Happy Birthday!" opens up. It was a lot of fun to make. I love it when I get an idea and then it actually works!

2 comments:
so glad you liked the movie! i just watched the dutchess...uhm, pretty boring actually but love actually was really cute (it was on tv the other night). glad you liked the movie...the bare bum of the loving best friend was so funny.!
the card was awesome!!!!!
happy late vday, i love you both.
Very cool card! Ash & I like making cards but gosh not that creative, HA!
Post a Comment