But now, I've accepted I'm totally blind (-4.50 prescription . . . I used to be -5.50!) and that glasses are a part of life. It's always been a little dream of mine to have a few different pairs of glasses to mix and match with outfits. Well, Eyeglass World had a two for $78 deal that I couldn't pass up. Luckily, my prescription was the same and I got to keep my old green pair, too. I've had those glasses for about 3 years, but I still really like them. So here is my new spec wardrobe:
These are my good ol' green ones.
LOVE these red ones. I've been wanting red ones forever . . . but only now did I find the right red for my skin tone. Like my Tyra Banks' "smiling with my eyes" pose?
And some hot pink metallic ones. These are my favorites. It's kind of a throwback to my first pair of glasses. I picked out a pink pair, because, duh, I was seven. I got home and looked at myself in them and I looked HORRIBLE. I had to wear them for two years before a got a new pair. So, a lesson to you moms out there, if you have a seven-year-old that needs glasses, DO NOT LET THEM PICK THEM OUT! They don't know any better! Anyway, these glasses are kind of my redemption from that horrible first pair. Although, it makes me laugh because this ten-year-old girl in Primary has a pair of frames the same color! Maybe that should tell me something . . . sorry if you can't see the frames that great. John, the "faux-tographer" (as I like to tease him) took the pictures, so blame him! Ha ha ha . . .Well, I'm finally going to get a colonoscopy on Tuesday. I should've had this done a long time ago. It's just a diagnostic thing. They want to make sure I don't have a bigger problem than the IBS. Part of me wants them to find something that can be fixed, but then another part of me wants, obviously, for them to find nothing. Just think about me for the next couple of days! Especially tomorrow night when the life is running out of me when I drink 32 ounces of liquid laxative . . . actually, don't think about me doing that!
4 comments:
first, you look so goofy in the third pic! haha! i've always thought glasses were cool and should be the awesome accessorie. uhm, and you must watch the next top model...addicting, i know.
most importantly, good luck with drs. we'll be praying for ya.
Ugh, I know, Laura! I hate that last pic . . . it stinks because I really do look good in those glasses! I was just too lazy to take another pic!
i think you look great in glasses. if only i were so cool! speaking of cool noelle and audry want to join your cool blog and have asked for an invite. just go to my dead and gone blog and she posted their emails under comments. omg you are so cool!
Sexy. Very Sexy. I'm refering to both subjects actually.
Post a Comment