Saturday, November 21, 2009

Girls' Day Out!

Last weekend, I met up with my friend Tina for some shopping in Calhoun. She lives in Atlanta so it was sort of a midpoint. It was such an awesome day. I never get to really go out and do stuff (which is obvious from all the crazy projects I post on this blog!) and to spend a day with such a good friend just felt so nice. Isn't she the cutest?
Unfortunately, neither of us found any of the things we were looking for. Those outlet malls have become so expensive! Half of the stores in there are not even outlet stores. I think we would've fared better at the mall, but at least we got some bonding time WITHOUT CHILDREN! Plus, we found a little park to eat lunch and just talk. There were a bunch of huge geese there that totally freaked me out (they're mean! I'm always afraid they'll bite me!) but other than that, it was so nice to get out and to hang out with my bud. I've known Tina for most of my life and I love how we can meet up and just be comfortable. It feels just like old times! We get along so well and I just love her, love her, love her! Good friends are hard to find . . . she's a keeper!

4 comments:

Melissa Hodgen said...

Fun! Glad you survived the geese. I LOVE the crazy projects you post, but girls time is theraputic too. Way to be balanced!

Hannah Ashmore said...

what cute pics! i dont think of seen either of yall since stake dances day.

Tina said...

Ahhhh... that was a fun day, but I am mad at you for posting the picture of me posing crazy. jk. After the holidays we will have to get together again. Maybe you can teach me to make a cute card!

The Flynn's said...

Good friends are hard to come by. Treasure those good friendships cause they're so important!! Glad you had fun! Oh, and if you ever want to go to Calhoun and need a shopping partner, I'm just about 25 minutes from there so call me.