I got this idea from Janet Mendenhall. This is an earring holder made from a shadow box frame. I glued aluminum screening (what you use for a screen door) to it and pasted some pretty paper to the backing. I added some rhinestones for a little "bling" and I'm really happy about how it came out. I made this for my sis-in-law Mari's birthday because she wears lots of earrings, but is always losing them. She only wears dangly ones, so the screening is perfect for holding them. if you want to make one for earrings with posts, I would do it the Janet way . . . she used a normal frame and staples a wider craft screening. She then makes her own stilt to attach to the top so it can rest on a dresser. The one I made was designed to hang on a wall, so her girls can't reach it! Plus, why can't we display jewelry like art? I love the idea of decorating with things you already own.

I mentioned to Mari how I wanted to figure out how to make a necklace holder, since I don't wear earrings. Well, a month later on my birthday, look at what Mari surprised with!

I love this. She totally knows my style . . . notice how the paper she used matches with all those necklaces?
So this last one I made last week for Eloise's (Mari's 1 year old) birthday. I flocked her name, so it's fuzzy!

3 comments:
Gosh, those things are all so cute. I especially love the necklace holder and the CUTE thing you made for little niece!!
way cute ideas!
Love, love, love it! I think home made gifts are the very best. Well.... that is when they turn out nice. This is going show what a bratty wife I am, but one year Brian made me a jewelry box that looked like a stray cat had made it.
Post a Comment