I'm sure all of you are getting sick of looking at these purses, so here's a card for a change! I made this for my friend Sarah yesterday. She FINALLY got to close on her house today and I'm so excited for them. It's been a rough year for them and they totally deserve it. I just wish they didn't have to move so far away . . . true, it's only a half hour away, but when you don't have a car during the day, that can be very far! I know Charlie will miss his buddy Aspen in Nursery . . . so sad! Anyway, I found this old ad online . . . it's really weird how obsessed I am with these vintage ads. I'm a pretty strong feminist about a lot of things, but I get such a kick out of these 50s ads where women worship appliances. I'm so weird, I know. Notice I made the oven shiny with rhinestone knobs . . . hee!
Here's Aunt Hilda with her bird purse I made her for Christmas. Isn't she the cutest lady? She was so excited about it. This purse I made from a bird watching book from the 60s. I love the old books the best!
And finally, my purse I take everywhere. It's the perfect size for me . . . plus, it's polka dots, black, white and red . . . very me. :)
I had one other purse I made, but I accidently deleted the photos AFTER I had already given it away! Hopefully I can take some new pictures of it . . .

2 comments:
The purses are Amazing! How creative you are!! I love the "cute and useful" feature!
Wow, I just had a chance to catch up on your blog. I had no idea so much was going on.
First, tell your dad we send our love and prayers. All that AND being branch president. That's gotta accumulate some blesings.
Second, sorry about your sinus. I'm amazed at how much some pressure in them can make your entire day miserable.
Third, I'm super impressed by your ability to stick to your diet. You look wonderful and how wonderful that it's helping your tummy.
Fourth, LOVE the purses! So cute. Can't wait to see one when we visit someday.
Fifth, little man in a little suit = too cute, even if he is crying
Post a Comment