Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snowed In

A few weeks ago we had a HUGE snow. Well, huge for here. We got 8-10 inches, which is double what we got at Christmas. There was so much, we couldn't sled or do much of anything. It was so deep, Charlie was up to his knees in it!



This WAS sun dial . . . this gives you an idea of how much snow we really got.

We couldn't get out of the driveway for two days. We had tons of fun being lazy at home together. We watched movies and hours of "Tabitha's Salon Takeover" (which is strangely addictive). By Wednesday, however, I was going crazy. Like I said on Facebook, I was feeling very Overlook Hotel. Luckily, I was able to get out of the house on Thursday. By the time I got home, the walls had stopped bleeding so all was well.

This month I started to write on my new screenplay. It's a challenge to try to find time with Charlie around but it's worth it. I'm hoping to be done in time to enter the Nicholl Fellowship Competition in May. I'm still a little nervous that I won't finish in time but at least I have another script to submit . . . I earned a spot in the quarterfinals with that one in the 2009 competition. Hopefully, one of these scripts can get into the quarterfinals or even the finals this time. Fingers crossed!

My Etsy shop is also doing pretty well. I was afraid that once Christmas was over, I wouldn't sell anything for months. But I've been doing just as well this month as I have previously, so yay!

2 comments:

Laura said...

welcome to the public world. it really isn't so bad. i wish we could have been there for the snow.

The Flynn's said...

We knew the snow was coming and figured school would be cancelled for a couple of days so we headed up to Hilda's to get snowed in up there since they have the 4 wheeler. It was actually so fun! We went sledding on the hill and did lots of 4 wheeling. The kids had a blast! Looks like y'all had fun too.