Sunday, January 16, 2011

Christmas Day

Other than the snow, there were tons and tons of presents and stuff to do. I like to get Charlie Christmas pajamas to wear Christmas Eve. It's another one of those traditions I use as an excuse to by myself or Charlie new clothes and he sees right through it. However, we found this set of Christmas Lightning McQueen PJs with a matching robe . . . John caved in because he agreed that the robe was adorable. Charlie likes it too, but for other reasons . . .


Remember how I said in my last post that Evans' Christmases are chaos? Here's a taste:

Charlie got a huge haul as usual. We mostly got him small things like a little tool set, a Mr. Potato Head and some other toys that require some amount of imagination to use. His biggest present was technically from Uncle Nathan. They had one of those huge Thomas the Tank Engine trundle tables and wanted to get rid of it. I was very excited for Charlie (but not for me having to keep up with all those little trains and parts) and decided to give it to him for Christmas since it was such a big gift and would never live up to our small presents. He was SUPER excited about it and plays with it constantly. My parents got him tons of books, Batman stuff and a dog pillow pet.
John and I exchanged presents and we both wound up giving each other some weird presents. I guess when you've been together for almost a decade you start to run out of present ideas! I got John a 30 year old bottle of Coke. No, really. It was a Coke bottle from 1980, the year Georgia won the National Championship . . . Coke printed a commemorative bottle in celebration and I found one on Etsy. I put it in a display case and everything. And yes, it still had Coke in it.

John had warned me ahead of time that one of his presents was weird. I didn't worry since he is an amazing gift giver. He can pick stuff out for me better than I can for myself. However, this year he got me a tool kit. I seriously didn't know what to think at first. It was a pink and yellow kit so at least it was in my favorite colors. He said he thought it would be useful for making purses and actually, it has come in handy. They are really nice tools and I like that I don't have to steal stuff from my mom or John anymore. Of course, now they are starting to steal tools from me . . .

We got a bunch of other stuff so we are happy and blessed. It was a good Christmas.

No comments: