Well, the title pretty much sums it up! Today was his first Primary Program. His part was, "Jesus was resurrected and I will be too." We've been praticing every day for a month and it paid off. He got up and said his part perfectly! Well, for whatever reason, he started to say it before he was completely at the podium, so only the last half of the sentence made it to the microphone . . . BUT, he said it so loud you could hear the whole thing! I was so proud! Not to mention, he stayed up there by himself the entire time. The past two Sundays, Charlie made John sit with him and we honestly thought he was going to have to for the actual program. Thankfully, Charlie was a big boy and sat up there by himself. Phew!
I got Charlie a new outfit just for the occasion (can't beat a Perry Ellis ensemble for $13!). The pants were too long so I put him in a pair of velvet pants I got at a consignment sale recently. I guess I didn't look at them closely enough because, um, the pocket lining is leopard print. John thinks they are girl's pants. Yup. I put my boy in girl pants. Very emo. LOL! You'd think I'd get a clue when I bought myself a pair of similar pants a few weeks ago! But they are cute pants so I will continue to put him in them!
After the program, the teachers gave out little bears. I cannot explain the creepy expression on his face in this picture . . .
Er, a little better . . .
Ah, there we go. I wish I knew what it takes for Charlie to make a normal face in front of a camera!



No comments:
Post a Comment