Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween 2011

I realize Halloween isn't until tomorrow but we've been done so many Halloween things this week that I think we're done.  At least I am!

Monday night we made sugar cookies for FHE.  We used royal icing this time and I LOVED it!  It dries hard like candy so it's less messy and it tasted sooo good with my sugar cookie recipe.  Mmmm . . .



Charlie decorated his pumpkin.  He's obviously too small to use knives so we gave him a Sharpie and let him go at it.  He's not much for drawing so he was done after two minutes.  He's thrilled, can't you tell?  


Speaking of pumpkins, I carved one last weekend.  It's supposed to be Hellboy.  It obviously didn't turn out well but I blame all the painkillers I was on . . . I wrote more about my experience on my craft blog, BTW.


Wednesday night was Trunk or Treat.  Just like last year, Charlie picked our theme: Spiderman.  : )


I got to be Spidergirl!  


John got to be Doc Ock.  I made his costume and I think it turned out pretty nice!  John loved it and got lots of compliments at the party.  Again, my craft blog has more details on how I put our costumes together, etc.


2 comments:

Mediocre Renaissance Man said...

Cool costumes.

And your meds really messed with that pumpkin. Your technique, as usual, was flawless. Your execution was horrendous.

Also, Rochelle mentioned that I'm being missed. Not on Google+ I'm not. I am active daily on there, sharing, interacting and communicating. Nobody on Google+ misses me.

Wait, you're on Google+, right? Hmmmm... So, what's the problem? :)

BiblioBags said...

Ah, Brian . . . I can always count on you to be honest! LOL! It was seriously such a horrible pumpkin but I'm still proud I finished it amidst everything going on.