Last but not least is the card I made for Laura. I knew for sure, that I wanted to do a vibrant, cheerful card that reflected her personality. I found the "sprinkles" paper and decided to do a cupcake card. I regret that a little bit, because it kind of looks like a birthday card. But cupcakes are always cute, so whatever.
The cupcake is made from "scratch." I'm very proud . . . I cut the shape out myself instead of using a premade sticker or whatever. I shaded the "frosting" with some liquid chalk and went over it in (what else?) Glossy Accents. I also used Glossy Accents on the cupcake "liner."
The "L" was originally white with 4 holes (where the rhinestones are now). I painted it blue and then covered it in blue glitter. Finally, I glued rhinestones in the holes. I glued the cupcake to the paper using foam tape, to make it "3D." Finally, I outlined the cupcake with an embossing pen. I sprinkled glitter embossing powder and zapped it.
The sprinkle print paper was just plain, so I decided to decorate that, too. I added Glossy Accents and various colors of glitter to the sprinkles so they would pop too. By the way, I never, NEVER use loose glitter on anything. Why? Because it's LOOSE! No amount of glue or paint or anything will keep glitter in its place. It rubs off on everything. . So, I use either glitter glue or glitter embossing powder (which melts together). Just a little tip . . .
Anyway, I realized when I was done that the card was looking too much like a birthday card. So I stamped "You're Sweet" on the inside. Purty cute, right? Laura did a nice little post about the card on her blog.
I really enjoyed this little experiment. I don't have a lot of time to to scrapping or cardmaking, so I'm glad I got a little push to do some. It made me really happy and made me realize how fun it is. And, it reunited me with an old friend . . .
Yes, it's Mr. Tombo. I used to ONLY use Tombo adhesive when I lived in Savannah. I lived two minutes from the scrapbook store (those were the days!) so I could pick it up all the time. When we moved back here, I could only find it at Michael's and Hobby Lobby, both of which are a 35 minute drive. And mainly, the stuff is expensive. Well, I bought some a couple of weeks ago at Hobby Lobby because I had a gift card. And oh, man . . . I will never use another adhesive again! I've been using Walmart brand and Scotch. I don't know how I did that! The stuff always sticks to itself and rips . . . but not Tombo. So if you're interested in craft stuff don't use anything other than Tombo. Yes, it's twice as much as generic, but it's sooo worth it!
4 comments:
Geez, how long does it take you to make these cards? This one is really cute too! You did a great job on all three (and every other card you've ever made). You're a card expert!
yeah, i was so excited to read about my card! i love the whole cupcake, the colors, and all the lovely accents. thanks for all your time just for me. i feel really special. no wonder john married you!
Wowy wow wow wow!!! If I ever get crafty, you are the girl I am going to go to for advice.
Oh and thanks for the job leads. I am going to pass that on to Brian.
You need to be an instructor!! You could really make some $$ doing classes to teach some of this stuff. You could do take home projects. They are all adorable! I wish I were that crafty! Super duper job!
Post a Comment