Thursday, April 23, 2009

Charlie, Meet Your New Mommy!

Well, obviously, the other Easter pics (the "professional" ones) are not ready yet. John's been out of town all week and had his computer with him. But check back soon . . . . I've got a lot to blog about. I'm already running behind!
So I'll go ahead and skip to last weekend. John, Charlie and I went down to Atlanta. We met my parents there and they watched Charlie while we went to the temple. We haven't been together in so long, so it was an amazing feeling to be there. I love the comfort and peace I always feel when I'm there.

On Saturday, we got to visit my friend Tina. We've known each other practically our whole lives, so it was so great to have a visit. A lot of times, when I visit old friends, it's hard to find stuff to talk about or it gets uncomfortable. Not with Tina. She's one friend I've found that I still "click" with. Well, at least I feel that way about us! : ) Tina, we totally need a visit sometime, someday, without kiddos! We'll go nuts! Moms gone wild!
Here's Tina with Charlie. Seems natural, right? She's a way better mom than me anyway. Plus, Tina's house could use some more testosterone with three little girls running around, right? So here, Charlie. We're sending you to Atlanta! It was nice while it lasted!

Just kidding. We've been having quite a time with this kid. For the past month, he has not been sleeping. Correction: WE have not been sleeping. We know part of it is delayed separation anxiety. All he wants is "Momma," which is flattering, but exhausting. But he's been having serious stomach problems lately. I took him to the doctor, and one of the first questions he asks me is this:

"Does your family have a history of irritable bowel?"

Ugh. The doctor said that if his problems don't go away, he'll have to go to a GI and get "scoped." Ahhh! I don't know if I could handle my little guy having to get a colonoscopy! But, I've been keeping track of his symptoms and keeping a diary of what he eats and er, how it comes out ("Dear Diary, Charlie's poop looked like marbles and smelled like petting zoo. Catch you later! Love, Autumn"). Right now I'm testing him to see if he has a milk allergy/intolerance. All of the symptoms match. I'm depriving him of the white stuff for a couple of days to see what happens.

Let's just hope that it clears up soon. It's been very hard on us. He's miserable and cranky and so am I. The trip to Atlanta was a TRIP for sure. While there were a lot of fun things, most of it was so stressful. I was sick to begin with and was too lazy to prepare my own food to take. Of course, I wound up even sicker after I ate restaurant food. Luckily, I was blessed to feel well enough to go to the temple. That night was rough, with almost no sleep because Charlie was sick, too. But overall, I'm glad we went because it was important. It was a sacrifice, but not nearly as much as what other people around the world give up to go to the temple. I know I'm whiny, but I am truly grateful for getting to go.
Come by soon, I'll probably have something new in a few days . . .

3 comments:

The Flynn's said...

Sorry about all the GI stuff! I hope he doesn't have to have the colonoscopy (sp?) done. Olivia had to have a procedure done when a baby where they put in a cathader (ok, I know my spelling is bad) and inject dye into the bladder and wait and watch on x-ray as she pee'd it out (all the while we had to hold her down on a metal table). It was so hard!!

The Flynn's said...

when she was a baby...not when a baby. Oops! And the x-ray was actually ultrasound, just couldn't think of the word ultrasound a couple minutes ago. :) You get the idea!

Tina said...

Ahhh...Autumn, that is so sweet... about our friendship...not the IBS. We really should get together sometime without the kids. That would be so fun!

I'm sorry Charlie isn't feeling well. I think one of the hardest things to do is take care of a kid that doesn't feel good. Especially day after day. Ashton has be a total cranky monster ever since I stopped nursing her and put her on cows milk. I think she has a milk allergy too. I have tried to stop giving her anything with milk in it, but so many things have milk in them. Did you know that granola bars have milk in them?

Anyway I hope things get better for Charlie's sake and yours. :)