Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter, Part I

I think Easter is eclipsing Halloween as my favorite holiday! Not only do I love the pagan aspects of the holiday (bunnies!), but Easter has the most meaning for me. I can always feel the Spirit so strongly on Easter more than I do any other day of the year. It's almost a piercing feeling, the knowledge that the Savior not only suffered and died for us but He also lived again. And we will live again, too. These are a few pictures from last weekend . . . John took a bunch of really good family pictures, and I'll post those, hopefully, later tonight. So check in for some real pics! So here are the highlights of our Easter . . . .

On Saturday, we had a big egg hunt at my parents' house for the kids. We had over 90 eggs for four kids. Insane, right? It was fun, anyway . . .

On Sunday, we had the usual ham dinner with all the family. Then, the grandkids were forced to take pictures in their Easter outfits. John took way better pictures of this (he was the official photog after all), so I'll post them tonight.


Charlie and Uncle Paul

Got one!

Charlie's football Easter basket from Mom and Dad: Handy Manny coloring book, Crayola Crayon Buddies (waste of money BTW!), and his favorite . . . bubbles. Grammy and Papa Evans also got him a basket with a chocolate bunny, a book, a frog, plus his Easter Sunday outfit. Grandma and Grandpa Flynn got him two new outfits. Way to rake it in, boy!

Chocolate bunny face.

My niece Annie looking adorable (and knowing it).


Charlie looking all Dapper Dan! Don't you love those saddle shoes? Thank you, Children's Place! I could do so much damage in that store . . . . that is, if I had money! : )

All good things must come to an end. Of course he would get tire grease on his brand new seersucker pants. It's his job. Luckily, OxyClean got out the stains.

1 comment:

The Flynn's said...

I LOVE Easter too. I love why we celebrate Easter and I love being able to buy my kids a small little something but not have the big fuss of Christmas. Plus, it's always a good reason to buy a new dress! When I read the caption, "Charlie with Uncle Paul," I was so confused. I had to take a good, hard look at the picture. :)