Friday, April 3, 2009

Charliepodge

It's been awhile since I've done a post about Charlie. Nothing super exciting is going on, so I'll just share a few recent pictures and funny moments.

Here is the typical Charlie face. He walks around most of the day with his eyebrows halfway up his forehead. He looks surprised half the time and I can't tell you why. The boy's going to need Botox by the time he's three!
I take Charlie on walks in the jogging stroller a lot. I always do some stretching first. For my first stretch, I lean up against a set of french doors in the den. This one day, I go, "Charlie, are you ready to go on our walk?" He ran over to the doors and leaned up against them, just like me, and goes, "Stretch!" He does this every time we go out now!

This is Charlie discovering his shadow. It was hilarious. One morning he just noticed it and "played" with it for 10 minutes. He kept giving his shadow high-fives. Now, whenever he sees his shadow, he'll seriously give it high-five and go, "Yeah!"


Here's Charlie at his new favorite restaurant, Steak 'n' Shake. He loves the french fries and mostly, the old people that eat there and give him lots of attention. The elderly couple in the background offered to buy him for 25 cents. John said they could have him for free, but they just laughed and walked away. Dang, geezers! We were close, John. (Just kidding.) (Sorta.)

Charlie has started watching "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" on Disney. The closing song on the show is called the "Hot Dog Dance" (if you already know it, my condolences). Charlie loves that song. It basically goes, "Hot dog, hot dog, hot-diggity dog . . . problem sooooolved . . ." That one notes is held out forever. Charlie sings his own version that sounds like this:

"Ha gog, ha gog, HAH GOOOOOOOOG!"

It's pretty cute. Lately, he's been very difficult about going to bed. A few nights ago I put him in bed and he started the typical screaming routine. I was in the next room when suddenly, the screaming stopped. I thought, "Wow, he fell asleep fast." Suddenly, I hear this coming from his room:

"HAH GOOOOOOOOOOG!"

He's such a funny kid. It's good to remember the cute things he does, especially since he is in the throes of toddlerhood!

2 comments:

Tina said...

What a cute little guy! That picture of him with his shadow looks so professional. Has he started going to nursery yet?

Laura said...

he's so funny. we love the hot dog dance too. we'll see ya sunday!