I have tons and tons of Easter pictures, but it'll take awhile to get them together . . . so for now, here are a few projects I've been working on.
Here is my first quilt! Nothing complicated . . . just two pieces of fabric with ties and binding. My mom bought this Cars fabric months ago for me to "make" something for Charlie. I'm not a seamstress at all . . . I actually hate sewing. But I hate having something cute lying around doing nothing. So, I decided to make Charlie a blanket during Conference. I always like having something to do with my hands during General Conference . . . I have a hard time just sitting and listening. I'm so excited about how it came out. I love the colors I picked . . . and Charlie adores this blanket. I just won't be doing another one for awhile! Sewing is too expensive and not very fun in my opinion! At least I know how to make a basic quilt now . . .



Next, I made a t-shirt for my niece Caroline's 4th birthday. I know I could find a million Spongebob shirts anywhere, but I wanted to make her a special one just for her designed by moi. This shirt was definitely a team effort by John and I. John cut out all of those little jellyfish! Basically, we just printed the images off the internet onto some really good transfer paper. Iron, and done. I thought it came out so super cute. We even ironed a few jellyfish on the back (see the first picture). I want one my size!



Now, this is where I went insane. I decided to "wrap" Caroline's gift to look like Spongebob. I seriously spent more time making this box than making the shirt! But, I thought it came out looking pretty good. It was also a lot of fun to just get "lost" in a project. When it was time for Caroline to open presents, this was the one she wanted to open first! And, Annie (her older sister) thought the box looked "freaking awesome!"
Finally, here is a card for Lindsey Gruwell. She's a girl from my branch who is now enduring her third bout with leukemia. She is such an inspiring person. She has kept a sense of humor and hope throughout this whole time. My mom (she's the RS President) asked me to make this card for the branch to sign, but I want to make her a more fun, personal card. For those of you who know Lindsey, got any suggestions?
1 comment:
your talent is so amazing...and intimidating.
Post a Comment