Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Better

Finally I'm feeling normal! I've been sick for the past month and a half with a sinus infections and now it's finally gone! I finally feel like things are getting back to normal.
On Saturday, John and I took Charlie to see "UP." If you haven't seen it, go! Go now! It's so refreshing to see a movie that puts marriage in a positive light . . . the "boring things" truly make life wonderful. Pixar never ceases to blow my mind . . . the writing is so amazing. I love how this movie tells you so much about the characters' marriage, without one word being spoken. This movie could've easily been cheesy, but it's not. It's probably the sweetest movie I've ever seen. Not to mention it's hilarious and exciting. Go! Now!
If you haven't noticed by now, it looks like I pulled a Fergie and peed my pants. Charlie grabbed my water bottle during the movie and poured water all over himself . . . and me. A kid without a shirt and a wife with wet shorts . . . poor John. We looked like total white trash walking out of that theater!

Here's just a couple of cute pictures of Charlie eating a popsicle. He's technically not supposed to have fruit juice (tummy issues), but it was a hot day, so what the heck? It's always fun to just let go sometimes and let the kid get messy and eat what he wants. Although, later that afternoon, he had a horrible stomachache. That's why it's good to deviate from the "routine" only once in awhile . . . I'm glad I took pictures, because he probably won't get many more popsicles!

This is entirely my mother's doing. My parents are native Texans and visit my grandma there a couple of times a year. My mom brought him back this hat . . . you can't really tell in the picture, but it says "Texas" on it. This was actually my mom's second choice. She almost bought him chaps. Chaps! And everyone tells me I'm going to make him gay.

He also got a bear that has the state of Texas embroidered on its tummy. I told Charlie that it was Texas, so he immediately started saying it over and over. I had him say it to my parents and of course, the hooped, hollered and clapped (what is it with Texans, anyway?). So, of course, he had to do it again and again, louder each time. So now, if you go up to Charlie and say, "Texas," he'll immediately scream "TEXAS!" and clap like some deranged monkey. Quite entertaining.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I would love to see that. Hilarious!