Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Family BBQ

We've had a rough few weeks. Endless illnesses, sleepless nights and a funeral to boot. One high point was a postponed Memorial Day BBQ with John's family last Thursday. I'm glad it got put off, because I was in bed all day on Memorial Day with a horrible cold (so bad, I'm still sick . . . got a doc appt. in a hour!). I'm grateful to have such a nice hubby. He took care of Charlie pretty much all Memorial Day weekend because I was literally bedridden. By Thursday, I was still feeling sick, but I decided to be a trooper and go to this BBQ. I'm so glad I did. I love being around this big ol' family! I apologize that the pictures are horrible . . . I'll just blame it on the cold, since almost all of these are out of focus!
Olivia: "My sister drives me crazy!"
Charlie and his cousin Lyric eating cookies.
Charlie loooooves Aunt Sarah.
Big hug!

2 comments:

Tina said...

I'm sorry to hear about John's grandpa.

I was visiting teaching last week and mentioned that I am from Chattanooga. My vtee asked if I knew any Flynns. She said her best friend's husband is a Flynn and that he had gone home for his grandfather's funeral.

Once I was flying from Utah to Atlanta and the girl sitting next to me said she was friends with the Flynns in Chattanooga. That Flynn family sure does get around!

The Flynn's said...

I think your friend Tina met my friend Julie on the plane. I remember my friend telling me about it. That's funny!