So here is Cupcake Card 2.0. I made this for my friend Lindsey's (not Gruwell, another Lindsey!) b-day. I really worked my butt off for this card. Lindsey is an amazing artist (she probably started the cupcake trend . . . she started painting them way before they were cool), so I always work extra hard on her cards. I try not to use premade anything. Plus, she's one of my biggest "fans". . . she's saved all the cards I've given her (which is really scary when I think of the kinds of cards I was doing 3 or 4 years ago). So I'm always excited to make Lindsey cards . . . I think it feeds my vanity because it feels really good to hear compliments from such an amazing artist.
Anyway, this is mostly a bunch of folded paper. The frame was originally just chipboard. I painted it pink, then flocked it to make it fuzzy. I'm obsessed with this flocking kit my mom gave me for Mother's Day (yes, my mom gives me Mom's Day presents!). You'll be seeing a lot of fuzzy stuff on my cards in the future!
This is hilarious. I was eating dinner with my family, when suddenly my brother Ethan pointed out we were both wearing Ghostbuster t-shirts. The funny part of this is when we were little, we had matching "I Ain't Afraid of no Ghost" t-shirts. I had to take a picture, even if I did look totally scuzzy that day. Ethan is notoriously camera shy, so this is a special picture. I've GOT to find a picture of us as kids wearing our Ghostbuster tees . . . that would be best scrapbook page ever.
4 comments:
love, love, love the cupcake card. you should start a whole collection of cupcake cards. they are so "sweet!"
you need to post your disco on you tube so i can see.
oh, and holy crap i'm lovin' the choreographers this year. shane sparks is back and that new girl from canada. yeah, i'm drooling over this year. hopefully we will see ya over the holidays!
Ohh, is that for my Lindsey?
Again...please show me how to do that one.
Sorry about the road show drama. Keep on truckin!
You are crazy amazing (but you already know that).
BEAUTIFUL card and nice shirts! :)
Post a Comment