I really like the way this card came out, although I'm not sure anyone can tell what it is! It's an elephant . . . and Jenna's name. The two "n"s are the legs, "j" is the trunk, "e" is the ear and the "a" is the bum and tail of the elephant. I worked on that design for forever (okay, I admit I was watching TV at the time, too!) and I think it's cute. But it's one of those things that I think maybe only makes sense in my own mind.
This is Hannah's card . . . I made her a rabbit one since she has a rabbit. I purposely tried to make the girls' cards different. Laura made this cousin book last year for all the cousins at Christmas time. It included a picture of every child as well as their favorite things . . . . AND it's laminated! That thing has come in handy, because I knew both girls loved animals and that Hannah's favorite color is blue and Jenna's is pink. I wanted to make them very different cards because you know how sisters are . . . : )
This is Mary's card. I know, I know, another cupcake. BUT, Mary is a baker, so how could I not make her one? I even made her name look like piped icing (I sketched her name in pencil, then outlined it with Glossy Accents. Let that dry, then added blue paint and glitter on top). It's not a great picture, so you can't tell, but her name does pop off the card like icing. She makes the most beautiful and delicious (usually, it's only one or the other, but she's awesome at both) cakes. She made John's groom's cake for those of ya'll that were at our reception. I hope they like these cards!
Finally, this is a card I made years ago. It's supposed to be a pill box. Each opens up individually and has a different button. I've saved this card for years but recently when my VT companion had have surgery s in her 80s on hernia decided put it to good use. It just felt right to give it away, you know?

2 comments:
Love, love, love them! I totally got the elephant name one. Such a cute idea. I seriously wish I had your creativity. Everything you make looks so professional. Although I enjoy doing crafts, nothing I make looks very professional, so good job bud!
They all turned out so great!!! Really, I don't know which one is my favorite, they're all so different and unique and CUTE! Love the pill idea. That's so funny.
Post a Comment