When my brother saw my Shakespeare purse, he goes, "Hey, do you think you could show me how to make one for Lauren (his girlfriend) for Christmas?" Those of you who know Ethan realize that's code for, "Will you make it for me?"
I LOVE this purse. I think it's the perfect purse for a hip young 19 year old. She plays guitar, so I used a multi-colored pick shaped button for the close. I chose a muted green for the inside. I just love this one. I wish I was cool enough to carry it! I think I should just stick to Shakespeare, though. :)
I did something really cool with this book. As you can tell, it was an Annie Lebowitz (most overrated photographer EVER . . . but the book does make a cute purse) photography book with a wrapped cover. The entire cover was one photograph. Problem was, the spine was only one inch. You can't exactly fit much into a 1 inch purse! So, I ripped the spine out completely and trimmed the cardboard on both sides to make room for a wider bottom. I cut a new 2.5 inch spine from pressed cardboard (I just cut it from the back of an old sketchpad--that's the best cardboard to use), hot glued it to the cover, and voila! A perfect sized book for a purse. I was so excited it worked because now I'm not limited to just textbooks or dictionaries for making a decent sized purse. And don't worry . . . if you make a little rip in the cover, it's no biggie. I've done that, and it's easily fixed with Alene's craft glue. Just fill in the crack, wipe off the extra and cover it with some masking tape to dry overnight. If it still shows, just mark it with a marker and it's fine.
Keep checking back . . . I've got tons more purse pics to share!

8 comments:
Wow your purses are so well put together. I like both the american music and the shakespeare one.I might try it but I can almost guarantee mine won't be as nice as yours.
These are so, so cute! I'll have to show my sister these.
Oh, and I had an after thought, you need to make Twilight ones and put them on Ebay!!
Wow, I just got updated on like 3 posts. So much to say...
I love the book purses. You are so crafty it makes me want to puke.
I had no idea about your dad. That is really scary. I'm glad the first surgery went well and I'll be praying for the second one to go well too.
I can't believe how much self control you have. I hope I never get IBS because I have no self control when it comes to junk food. Oh and you look awesome too by the way. Hot momma!!!!
Oh and I kid you not, almost everytime I tell someone I'm from Chattanooga they ask if I know the Flynns. I'm friends with Annie Jones who is friends with one of your sister-in-laws. And today I was talking to Jennifer Bobo at playgroup and she said she knows the Flynn family. Those Flynns get around!!!
I think it is adorable! You have a wonderful creative mind!
Ya Twilight ones for sure!!
Autumn, this turned out SO neat! I saw those in Country Living but sewing scares me so I didn't try it myself. Maybe now I need to give it a whirl--you've inspired me! I love the button you used for the clasp. Very clever that you figured out how to make a bigger spine--if you do it again, I'd love to see a little photo tutorial!
Post a Comment