Snow in the South is a magical thing. A few flurries can send dozens of reasonable people to dash to the local grocery for bread, milk and batteries. Entire school systems shut down with the hint of snow in the forecast (except Hamilton County, of course . . . a few kids have to freeze to death at a bus stop before they'll cancel school). This snow had been in the forecast for about a week and everyone was fully excited and prepared for a great snow . . . and for us, 2-3 inches is a great snow. The tempuratures have been below freezing for over a week, which is super unusual for here. The conditions were just right. It started snowing Thursday morning and snowed through the night. Friday morning John stayed home and we got to play in the snow for awhile. It was the first time I've gotten to play in snow for years and Charlie's first "real" snow. We pulled each other in sleds, had snow fights (the snow was so powdery we couldn't make snowballs or snowmen) and just had fun. It was an absolutely perfect snow day. The pictures say it all.
Some crazy teenagers on our street decided to pull each other on a sled behind a car. It was pretty hilarious.
3 comments:
I'm glad you guys got some snow you can actually play in. We got about a millimeter of snow and they cancelled school. Cracks me up. Love the Christmas posts. Oh and I knew John was a fancy man the moment I laid eyes on him...
That is so much fun! Cali is the same way, everything shuts down. So glad you guys had such a fun day!
My Dad had prostate cancer too. He had the surgery and is totally fine now. That was about 3 years ago in Feb. It was really scary and sad though, so I can relate to how you're feeling.
Post a Comment