Sunday, January 2, 2011

December, Part 1


December was a fun, busy month. I had lots and lots of work to do with my Etsy shop and of course, for Christmas. We got two decent snowfalls in December, which is really freakish for here. Charlie really enjoyed them.

Then we had our Branch Christmas party. I love our church activities. It's so fun to see everyone together, and obviously, to eat. I made these red velvet brownies with a cream cheese swirl for the party. I combined a Southern Living recipe with a BHG one and man . . . best brownies ever! I guess they're technically reddies . . . either way, they were gone fast!

Since Charlie goes into Primary in January, he got to go up front and sing with the "big kids." He didn't know any of the words but I think he liked being in front of everyone. He's a ham. :)




My brother Ethan and his girlfriend went to a Christmas party where everyone was supposed to wear ugly Christmas sweaters (I wanted to do that for the branch party but John wasn't feeling it). Ethan took it one step further and made his own ugly Christmas sweater featuring the leg lamp from "A Christmas Story." And yes, the lamp lights up. As if you had to ask.



1 comment:

Tina said...

I love that ugly Christmas sweaters are making such a huge come back. Ethan's is pretty amazing!

Those brownies look so good. My mouth is watering just looking at them.