Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pay it Forward Part 2: Katie

I'm back to report on how our little "Pay it Forward" experiment is going. I went ahead and made all my cards last week. I knew if I didn't do it right away, I would never do it. So, this week I'm going to put up posts about each card.

It was a lot of fun to make cards again. I don't do it nearly as much as I used to. Writing, church callings and the little man (of course) suck up all of my time these days. It was fun to make personalized cards for three ladies I love (wow, that came out sounding a lot gayer than I intended . . . ). I enjoy thinking about what I like most about the person and trying to re-create it. These three cards are definitely good examples of that.

The first one to comment was my Katie. This card was actually the last one I made. To tell you the truth, I was a little intimidated about this one. Katie has such a great sense of style and I knew right away, I wanted to make her an elegant card with just a touch of glam. Problem is, I don't think I'm that great at making "pretty" cards. My style is pretty quirky and weird, so I was nervous about trying to make something simple yet elegant. But, I was very happy with what I came up with:

This is the simplest card I made, but there was a lot of work in the details. I definitely thought about this one the most. This was the first time I used this flowery bracket stamp . . . and I love it. I heat embossed the image with pink on brown paper. Then I added the green "k" (which is by KI Memories). And finally, the bling . . . rhinestones. If you've looked at any of my scrapbook pages or cards lately, you must have noticed that I have a rhinestone addiction. But I think they look classy and cute on this card, not tacky. I put two on the "k" and, when you look closely, I put a bunch of tiny ones on the embossed flowers.

It's not noticeable right away, but they make the card shine a little. Finally, I rounded the corners, inked the edges, and done. Oh, I also put a little flower with a rhinestone center on the inside. And, since Katie asked for money, and tossed in a $1. I'm generous like that.

Here's what Katie said (hope she doesn't mind me repeating it!):

"Thanks for the card and the money. I haven't decided what I'm going to buy yet, but I know it's going to be BIG! The card is REALLY cute! Love it."
Thanks to all the girls for letting me know the cards got there okay! Tune in for my next post where I share the most, er, "revealing" card!

3 comments:

The Flynn's said...

Thanks again Autumn and an extra special THANKS for all the work and thought you put into making my card! You probably don't know it, but I save all the cards you make. I have a REALLY cute one that you made for Reagan when she was born, one you made for Scott (I think it was a graduation card), I've got a couple of Christmas cards, Oh...and don't forget the Seinfeld card for Scott...our FAVORITE of them all. I LOVE cards and I should send them more often. Also, thanks for sending a nice card when my mom passed away. I appreciated it more than you know. I read those cards all the time. Oh, and about having a great sense of style, I WISH but thanks for the compliment. Now I'm never going to come around you unless I'm looking my best since I've got a reputation to live up to! :) Thanks for loving me for me. You're a GREAT sister-in-law!!!

The Flynn's said...

Geez, that was kind-of long!

Laura said...

her card was super cuter. i should pay you to make me a year's supply.