Okay, I know I just said I wasn't going to share details, but this is actually sweet. The day before I had to be on a liquid diet. When I don't eat, it messes my system up . . . I can't fast for that reason. So, by the afternoon, I was exhausted and really grouchy. I came downstairs to find this basket. I saw baby powder in there, so I thought it was a present for a baby shower. Then I realized that we don't know anyone having a shower any time soon. Then I saw the Jell-O and realized it was for me. My mom packed me a little "colonoscopy" survival kit. It had baby powder and lotion, boxes of Jell-O, butt wipes, cushy TP and my favorite, crazy straws (for the two liters of laxative I had to drink that night). Getting that basket was just a combination of care and hilarity to cheer me up. Later, my mom approached me and handed me a bottle of air freshener."This didn't fit in your basket. By the way, you can't flush more than one of those wipes at a time."
That's my mom alright. It is her house after all . . . thanks, Mom!
Okay, as far as results from the test . . . my colon was clear, no polyps, no nothing. But, my doctor tells me I have a "tortuous colon." And my intelligent, college educated, English degree-ed (with honors!) response?
"So that means, it's like, bendy?"
Doc: "Yes. It's tortuous."
Um-hmm. Well, basically it means it's extra long and twisted funny. That's the cause of some of my problems. I had several biopsies taken just to be sure, but I won't find out the results until this week.
On to more fun things . . . cards! Here's the bridal shower invitation I did this week.
I had this copied at a print place that I've used for years, but I was a little disappointed in them this time. For whatever reason, the woman changed the colors on me. It kind of ruined it, but oh well. It doesn't look horrible, but I'm not happy with the final result.
I've got to point out that yes, Glossy Accents struck again. I used it to make the little clear raindrops. Yes, I put raindrops on every single invite! It's all in the details . . . except, yes, I realize there is a typo! I put this together the afternoon after my colonoscopy so I blame the anesthetic!
3 comments:
i'm sorry i didn't call to see how you are doing. the whole bendy thing does sound painful but glad for no polyps. hope you get better soon. love ya and thinkin' about ya.
the cards rock! someday when i'm a party planner you will be in charge of all invites.
I saw a colonoscopy on Oprah once. It was really interesting. I'm glad you don't have cancer. You are very brave. Isn't everyone supposed to have one by the time they are 30 or something like that? Not looking forward to that.
Those cards are awesome! I think I am starting to appreciate "detail" by reading your blog. I am not a very detail oriented person especially when it comes to crafty stuff, but I am starting to see what a difference it makes. So good job, my little crafty friend!
autumn, autumn, autumn. this sounds awful. except for the baby shower cards. that sounds fun.
thanks for the invite to your blog, by the way! your little man is darling. hope you feel better soon. and tell your family hello for us!
Post a Comment